Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reminder for us

salam aleikum

How does it feel to be a Muslim in the West ..
My journey to Islam began almost 4 years ago ...
And its been a lonely journey since I converted ,like for most of the converts/reverts it haven't been easy to fit to the society ,to get accepted with your new ideas and new look ..
I think the hardest for all of us converts is the acceptance of our families .Alhamdulillah its been easy with my family ,may be because my parents are too far away and they can't really see my changes ...Although they did ,as my whole personality changed after reverting to Islam ..
I never believed that people can change so much ..
Islam has changed me a lot .Its totally new me and Alhamdulillah ...

I cannot imagine my life right now as a non-muslim .Where would I be ,what would I do ,what would I live for ..Life has no meaning without Faith .Life has no meaning without believing in Allah and Hereafter ...

Every step ,every second of this life has to be for Allah ,has to be for our Deen ,for Dawah ..
How much time do we waste on useless things .The whole life can pass like this and the time is flying and the day of Judgement is getting closer..
What have we done? What have we earned to take with us if we die tomorrow ?
We will be asked for how we spent our wealth ,our health , our youth and our free time ..

Narrated by Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, ‘There are two blessings which many people lose: Health and free time for doing good”
[Al- Bukhari 76:421]

Allah will also question us on the Day of Judgment about what we listen to, watch, and think of. We read in the Qur'an what means:

*{Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart; about each of those, you will be questioned (by Allah)}* (Al-Israa' 17:36)

*{Then, on that Day, you shall be asked about the delight (you indulged in, in this world)}* (At-Takathur 102:8)

This means that all the blessings and delights we have been enjoying in this world, such as our health, wealth, food, and drink, as well as other comforts of life, will be subject to the Last Day's questioning.


SubhanAllah it makes me feel really scared ..

The Prophet,peace be upon him, also said,

Allah will meet a person and ask him, "O person, wasn't I generous to you? And didn't I give you a spouse and make the horses and camels at your disposal?" The servant will reply, "Yes!" Allah will then ask, "Did you think that you will meet Me?" He will reply, "No!" Allah will say, "I will forget you as you forgot Me."

Then Allah Almighty will meet another person and his reply will be the same as the first person's. Then again He will meet a third person and will ask similar questions, and the person's reply will be, "O Lord, I believed in You, in Your books, and in Your messengers. I prayed, I fasted, and I gave charity." And he will praise Allah as much as he can. Allah will say, "Hold on to your words, now We will bring the witnesses." The person will ask himself, "Who will testify against me?" Then that person's mouth will be sealed, and his thighs, flesh, and bones will be asked to speak. They will speak about his bad deeds. He will know that he has no excuse. That is the hypocrite with whom Allah the Exalted will be furious. (Muslim)

We have to lead a good life in this world and to be prepared for accountability in the hereafter so that we are not among the losers on the Day of Reckoning.

Brothers and Sisters be mindful of Allah in every second in every moment of this life..

Remember that we owe Allah for all the blessings that He gave us , for this Earth that He spread for us and made it comfortable for us to live in...

Shaytan can make us busy easily with friends ,with internet ,Tv and etc.. Stop and think will it benefit you? And stop and think what have you done today for Allah ,what have you done today for Dawah? How many people did you tell about Islam today? Stop and think ,what have you done today ? Have you wasted it ? Or have you done something to please Allah?




No comments: